Tips for making a memorable event – from product launches to conferences
Corporate events can be a bore – but they don’t have to be. If you’re organising an event – whether it’s a team building event, product launch or conference – there are plenty of tricks to make it more memorable.
We’ve rounded up five of the most common types of corporate event, explaining why they matter, along with some tips and suggestions to give it a creative twist.
Team building events
Team building events are a great morale booster and a way to improve the connection between employees – both socially and professionally. They create a pressure-free space for a team to get a sense of each other’s individual strengths – as well each other’s personal interests and the things that motivate them outside the workplace. Most of all, they should be fun. Brush off anything that will remind you of the office and head out to try something new.
- Challenge your team to tackle an escape room game, or organise a ping pong or crazy golf tournament.
- Test yourselves in the wild at an outdoor survival centre, or arrange a sports day.
- Designate a photographer to document the day.
- Print t-shirts or caps to solidify that “team” feeling and create a memento of the day – different colours for sub-teams could encourage some healthy competition.
For quick turnaround t-shirt printing or tote bags for conferences or business events contact ICON Printing and get a quote in 2 minutes online.
Just as team building events can boost morale, training workshops are another kind of event focused on encouraging employees at your company to be at their best. Helping employees improve their skill set – and investing in their potential – is an important way to keep everyone committed and forward looking. Offering a range of training workshops (especially workshops that offer the chance to try something new) are a vital type of corporate event. That said, not all training workshops will be exciting – so it’s important to think of ways to keep teams engaged and enthusiastic.
- Switch up the location – organise your training workshop in a relaxed space out of the office.
- If you do need to use an office space, try to make it as relaxed as possible – informal seating or bean bags could be great for this.
- Create social time too – give everyone a chance mingle and network – organise a team lunch or drinks afterwards.
Launches will always be among the most important corporate event, bringing together internal staff, external guests, clients, customers and the media. It’s important to get it right and – whether big or small – it’s an opportunity to make a real impression.
- Book a unique venue for the launch to shake off the corporate feel – try music venues/clubs or bars.
- Come up with a theme to give it a memorable twist – this could underpin the decor, food and entertainment.
- Plan an after party – book a band or DJ so you can really celebrate the launch.
- Print one-off merch to give away – a custom tote bag could be perfect to give out goodie bags at the end of the event.
Need custom t-shirts or tote bags for a conference? ICON Printing offer fast turnaround printing and expert service
Conferences are an opportunity to place your organisation at the centre of its field and cement its place within the wider discussions of your sector or industry. They’re big events and challenging to organise so it’s important to get it right – if you’re planning on inviting leading names in the industry – from potential clients to future collaborators – then the impression you make will really count.
- Book amazing speakers – this is how you’ll make an impact and attract a bigger audience. Think beyond the usual and mix it up with diverse voices that can represent new views on a range of subjects and challenges.
- Book influencers to give talks or host panel discussions and generate more media attention for the event.
- Make sure you have a message to deliver – focus the conference on a key debate affecting your industry to give it relevance and generate more buzz.
- Use social media creatively – live stream key events, set up a hashtag and encourage attendees to share their thoughts throughout the conference.
- Programme a mix of events – don’t just host talks – run smaller debates, as well as relaxed socials and mixers for attendees to network.
- Use merch to take ownership of the event – use branded tote bags for your conference packs.
Like conferences, seminars are a way to communicate the expertise within your organisation. A programme of seminars could be used to give a platform to staff members working on unique projects, which they could share internally, or as a public event. Inviting in experts in the field to give seminars is another way to build an exchange of knowledge within your organisation and the wider business community.
- Use unique locations to break down the corporate feel and foster a relaxed, encouraging environment.
- Incorporate activities into the seminar to give attendees a chance to cement what they’ve learnt.
- Use tech creatively to enhance the experience – livestream the seminar so its available to a wider audience.
- Collaborate with an illustrator or artist to document the seminar and sketch out the discussion points in a graphic form.
Want to print merch for your corporate event, product launch or conference? At ICON Printing we offer fast turnaround printing with an extensive catalogue from t-shirts to caps to bags. Get a quote in 2 minutes online.